Spotlight Artist: Azusa Leizumi, CBA
Home Country: Japan
Company: Bunny’s Balloon Factory
“I have been using Conwin Equipment for the past 10 years. The most reliable tool I work with is Conwin’s Air Force 4. It allows me to inflate 260Q’s fast and efficiently. I can’t work without it.”
Azusa Ieizumi started her balloon business with her sister approximately 10 years ago. Her main focus is designing décor for TV shows, weddings, shopping malls, department store and other large scale events. Azusa manages and owns her own balloon shop, Bunny’s Balloon Factory where she sells a wide variety of unique gifts and balloons.
Azusa has been presented with the Art & Technology Award by the governor of Japan. She also received the honor of appearing in a Japanese elementary school textbook as a featured artist as well as on television and many magazines.
As a Qualatex Instructor Azusa has traveled to Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Italy showing students some of her unique skills in décor and twisting.
• 2007 Balloon Art World Challenge, Thailand, Outstanding Prize for Large Sculpture
• 2007 Balloon Art World Challenge, Thailand, Outstanding Prize for Non Round Sculpture
• 2007 Balloon Art World Challenge, Thailand, 1st Prize from Total Point of 3 Contests
• 2007 BACI “Balloon Art Competition Italy” 1st Place @ David Grist Award
• 2005 The Qualatex Event, Amsterdam @ Pandora’s Box 1st Place
• 2005 The Qualatex Event, Amsterdam @ 1M-1M 1st Place
• 2003 IBAC Chicago 1st in Figure Competition
• 2002 IBAC Chicago 3rd in Figure Competition
• 2002 IBAC Chicago 2nd in Non Round Sculpture Competition
• 2000 IBAC Las Vegas Figure Competition Winner