Spotlight Artist: Rocky Toomey
Home Country: USA
Company: Ballooney Tunes
“During my 20 years in the balloon industry, it’s been nice to know that there’s a company like Conwin, who fully supports our efforts by manufacturing the highest quality equipment out there in the market.”
20 years ago, Rocky Toomey started Ballooney Tunes, the first balloon delivery and decorating company established in Hawaii. Today, it continues to build on its reputation as Hawaii’s largest and most recognized balloon company.
In the last few years, he came out of retirement from teaching and did a tour of Taiwan and Australia. He also went to Japan to teach a class on exploding balloons.
Rocky has been credited for inventing the Exploding Balloon, the Exploding Balloon Wall, the Topiary Balloon Sculpture, and other innovative techniques for the industry.
Rocky is one of the producers of International Balloon Arts Convention (IBAC), the industry’s leading event for balloon education!
• 2007 Balloon Art World Challenge, Thailand, Outstanding Prize for Large Sculpture
• 1993 to 1995- Rocky was the Associate Editor of “Images” Magazine.
• 1994- Gala Award for designing the largest indoor balloon sculpture and still holds that record today.
• 1995- Rocky joined the cream of the industry’s crop by receiving the Crystal Award.
• 2005- The Qualatex Event, Amsterdam @ Pandora’s Box 1st Place
• 2005- The Qualatex Event, Amsterdam @ 1M-1M 1st Place
• 1999- he was nominated for the World Record Mural he designed for IBAC.
• 2002- IBAC Chicago 3rd in Figure Competition
• 2002- IBAC Chicago 2nd in Non Round Sculpture Competition
• 2000- IBAC Las Vegas Figure Competition Winner