CAM WOODY, CBA
The “Happy Hearts Column” design was featured in the Jan/Feb/Mar 2009 issue of Balloon Images magazine. To subscribe or purchase back issues, visit “Balloon Images” on qualatex.com, or call 1-800-999-5644 or 316-685-2266 outside the USA.
• 2 x 22″ (56cm) “Fun Valentine Messages” Bubble Balloons 22734
• 1 x 36″ (91cm) “Valentine’s Red Hearts & Circles” Microfoil® Heart 97481
• 4 ea. x 11″ (28cm) Red & Rose Latex Balloons 43790 & 43791
• 12 x 6″ (15cm) Purple Violet Latex Hearts 13791
• Adhesive Balloon Tabs
• Clear Packaging Tape
• Sand Weight
Make a 4-balloon cluster using 11″ Red latex inflated to 10″ (25cm) (see “4-Balloon Cluster” below). Tie a sand weight to the bottom center of the cluster.
Repeat Step 1 to make another 4-balloon cluster using 11″ Rose latex inflated to 8″ (20cm). Place this cluster on top of the Red cluster, rotating it so it nests. Tightly tie the Rose cluster onto the Red cluster with BalloonRibbon.
Make another 4-balloon cluster using fully inflated 6″ latex Hearts. Place this cluster on top of the Rose cluster, rotating it so it nests. Tie it on with the BalloonRibbon. Set this base aside.
Use a latex regulator to air inflate a 22″ Bubble Balloon® until the wrinkles on the seam disappear. Cut off the attached ribbon. Roll the neck up with a new piece of BalloonRibbon and tie, leaving two ribbon tails. Use these tails to tie the Bubble tightly onto the base from Step 3.
Attach two adhesive balloon tabs on the center of the Bubble’s seam at the top of the balloon, positioning them so their holes align. Reinforce the strips with clear packaging tape.
Fully air inflate four 6″ latex Hearts and make a 4-balloon cluster. Use a piece of BalloonRibbon to tie this cluster tightly onto the Bubble’s balloon tab.
Repeat Steps 4-6 to inflate another Bubble Balloon and attach a 6″ 4-balloon cluster to it. Tie this Bubble tightly onto the cluster on top of the first Bubble.
Helium inflate the 36″ Microfoil Heart and roll up the neck with a piece of BalloonRibbon, leaving two ribbon tails. Use these tails to tie the Microfoil tightly onto the cluster on the top Bubble to complete the Column.
TIP: To ensure this design follows California Balloon Law, tie a heart-shaped weight to the Microfoil’s ribbon and let it dangle.
1. Inflate and size two balloons, then tie the necks together. Repeat to make a second pair, then twist the two pairs together to make a 4-balloon cluster.
2. Wrap the cluster onto the conduit by separating two of the balloons in the cluster, pushing the cluster onto the conduit, then twisting together the two balloons that were separated.